The Upper School serves young women and men in the Grades 8-12. Our students are energetic, curious and compassionate, and our challenging college preparatory curriculum and extra-curricular programs help them grow into committed, active, confident young adults. With an emphasis on learning the skills necessary to be successful in the 21st century, teachers journey with students as they learn how to make a real difference in the world. Walsingham students explore, discover and develop their gifts, so that they can assume responsibility as mature participants in a pluralistic society.
- Enrichment Opportunity; register by 1/13: William & Mary's School of Education is hosting "Focusing on the Future: A Career and Academic Planning Experience" on Saturday, February 4, which exposes high-ability learners in Grades 6-12 to career opportunities related to the arts, humanities, mathematics, and sciences. The deadline to register is Friday, January 13. For more information, click here.
- Auction Item Collection: The Parent Board is working diligently to collect donations of new items, experiences, vacation home stays, and gift certificates! This includes airline miles and credit card points! All donations, whether large or small, make a BIG difference. If you would like to make a contribution to the auction or have questions, please contact the auction volunteers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Update on Mobile App: The Walsingham Mobile App has been deactivated. The Academy is in the process of switching platforms and plans to offer new mobile options as soon as possible. You may delete the old Mobile App from your phones. Thank you for your patience during this time of transition.
Upper School Announcements
- US Yearbook Information: Be sure to order your copy of the 2016-17 Upper School Yearbook! Click here to purchase; orders are due March 31. Contact Katherine LeMay at email@example.com with any questions.
- 2/3 Spirit Night BBQ Dinner: Join the Athletic Booster Club for its annual Spirit Night BBQ Dinner on Friday, February 3 from 5:00-7:00 PM! Enjoy a delicious dinner in the Upper School Cafeteria before heading over to Chismer Gymnasium to cheer on our Trojan basketball players. Tickets are just $7 and may be purchased in advance by clicking here. Tickets will also be available at the door. Proceeds will benefit Trojan Athletics. Generously sponsored by Pepsi Bottling Company and Red Hot & Blue.
- Athletic Department seeking golf coach: Walsingham has an immediate opening for the position of Varsity Golf Head Coach. Coaching experience is preferred but not necessary. To inquire, contact Director of Athletics Neil Bailey at (757) 259-1425 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come cheer on the Trojans! Walsingham hosts five basketball games next week, including the Varsity Boys taking on Christ Chapel on Saturday, January 14 at 2:00 PM. Click here for the full athletics calendar.
Upper School Information
As a proud member of VHS, Walsingham Academy expands its course catalog exponentially by providing online courses to our students. Walsingham students can gain online classroom experience as well as take unique courses like Mandarin Chinese or software programming.
Please visit Flynn & O’Hara School Uniforms for all of your uniform needs!